Sleep disorders in children.
Do you know if your child is getting a good sleep?
Is your child or teenager showing signs of having trouble getting to or staying asleep?
Does your child snore or breathe through their mouth?
Has your child been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, but the treatment protocols don’t seem to work?
Is your child tired and under performing at school?
Does your child have low energy levels?
Does your child move around a lot at night? A restless sleeper?
Does your child wet the bed?
Does your child have chronic ear infections?
Find out if helping them sleep better will improve their health and other aspects of their lives.
A CHILD WITH SLEEP APNOEA NEEDS HELP! This happens when the child is not getting enough oxygen while sleeping.
Causes can be:
- Inflammation in the airways mostly caused by sugar and wheat.
- Food allergies.
- Sensitivities to allergens like dust, pets etc.
- Blocked airway caused by enlarged tonsils and adenoids.
- Crooked teeth which indicates a narrow jaw.
- Mouth breathing prevents the air being moistened, warmed and filtered by the nose. This is critical.
This problem must be addressed from as early as one year old.
At Danny de Villiers Dentist in Weybridge, we can evaluate your child from an early age and eliminate some of the causes.
We use Myobrace to treat mouth breathing, narrow jaws and incorrect tongue position.
Please call 01932 989785 for a consultation or visit www.dannythedentist.co.uk. to read more.