Laser Dentistry at Danny de Villiers Dentist in Weybridge:
The laser is a revolutionary surgical tool that can be used for various procedures. The safety and control that lasers provide, allow Dr. Danny de Villiers to perform precise procedures without worrying about damaging the adjacent tissues in your mouth. Lasers also seal off blood vessels and nerve endings and prevent bleeding inside the mouth, greatly reducing postoperative pain and swelling.
- Pain free treatments
- Less discomfort
- Ideal for sensitive patients
- Almost bloodless procedures and faster recovery
- Improved post-operative inflammation
- Most procedure require little or no anaesthetics
- Negligible unpleasant pressure, noise and vibrations
- Little to no tissue recession due to controlled thermal damage
As procedures can be done without injections, using topical analgesia only, it is less invasive, more comfortable, (especially for children) and with quicker healing times.
Soft Tissue Procedures
• Frenectomy – Dentists perform this procedure to remove unwanted attachments that can cause speech impediments. It is performed in minutes and is the ultimate cure for patients who are “tongue-tied.”
• Gingivoplasty – We can gently shape the excess tissue that surrounds the front of your tooth so that the tooth proportions are even and the smile line is aesthetically pleasing.
• Herpetic Lesions (cold sores) – Lasers are often used to prevent cold sores before they have a chance to break out. When you feel a sore developing, talk to your dentist and prevent the problem before it occurs.
• Aphthous Ulcers (canker sores) – Laser treatment can also be used to cure canker sores. The problem is treated in seconds, often before it causes pain.
Laser Bacterial Reduction – this procedure is used with the scaling and polishing of teeth to reduce the harmful bacteria around your tooth.
Laser Curettage – this removes diseased tissue around your tooth to reduce periodontal pockets and assist in healing of the gums.
- Desensitize teeth
- Whiten teeth
- Treatment of Traumatic injuries like; Lip chew, Heat burn and Denture sores.
- Fibroma removal
Dr. Danny de Villiers is certified by the Word Clinical Laser Institute (WCLI) and uses one of the latest Diode Soft Tissue Lasers.
Please contact us on 01932 989785 to find out more information about this affordable treatment.