6 Month Smiles
Do you have crooked, twisted teeth or gaps between the teeth? This can make many people feel self-conscious or even ashamed of their appearance and they find they often cover their mouth with their hand and rarely smile?
There are various ways to treat crooked teeth but most take at least 18 months and can be up to 3 years with conventional orthodontic treatment or clear braces. However the latest in orthodontics – 6 Month Smiles can give you the smile that you want in a fraction of the time taken with conventional treatments.
Why choose 6 Month Smiles?
- The biggest advantage is the short treatment time. If you’re looking to improve your confidence through changing your smile, 6 month smiles can help deliver your smile goals in a short time frame.
- In contrast to traditional braces, 6 Month Smile braces are made of clear brackets and white wires which are far for more discreet. Although they are not completely invisible like some other types of brace, they are much less obvious than conventional braces.
- It’s very comfortable because there is a low, but continuous force, which means shorter treatment times.
- Shorter treatment times means you can save money compared to systems that take longer time or require more sets of removable braces.
Q: What is 6 Month Smiles?
- 6 Month Smiles™ braces are clear
- Wires are usually tooth-coloured and very small
- Treatment times usually fall within 4-9 months
- Cost is usually less than traditional braces
Q: How can teeth be straightened in only 6 months?
A: The 6 Month Smiles™ technique employs the latest technology and techniques in dentistry to move your teeth quickly and safely using a brace that is attached to your teeth. The key components of the treatment are the use of special nickel titanium wires and a primary focus of moving the teeth that show when you smile.
Q: 6 months sounds good, but will I still have a mouth full of metal for the whole time?
A: No! 6 Month Smiles™ dentists use tooth-coloured braces that are barely visible. The wires are usually tooth-coloured as well. These are nothing like metal braces!
Q: How are 6 Month Smiles™ more comfortable than regular braces?
A: 6 Month Smiles™ use low force to move teeth more comfortably. Many people think that the accelerated treatment means simply “tightening” regular braces to get the teeth moving, but that is not true. 6 Month Smiles™ utilizes standard orthodontic mechanics, but with an emphasis on the cosmetic appearance of your teeth rather than the position of your bite.
Q: Do 6 Month Smiles™ braces damage the teeth, roots, or gums?
A: There are no more risks of root damage or other issues than those associated with traditional orthodontics. Since the forces used with 6 Month Smiles™ braces are lighter and teeth are seldom extracted, there are actually even fewer risks involved with 6 Month Smiles™ orthodontics.
Q: Will I have to wear a retainer?
A: Yes, as with any teeth-straightening treatment a retainer is necessary to maintain the straighter position of your teeth. If you don’t want to wear a removable retainer, you can have a bonded retainer placed. There are a variety of options that you can choose from according to your personal preference and situation.
Q: Would I be suitable?
A: If you are an adult (15 years and older) with crooked or spaced teeth and you’re not looking for a major alteration to your bite, this could be the solution for you! Most adults ARE candidates for 6 Month Smiles.
Female 30 years
Six Month Smiles
Very happy with my ‘4 month’ braces that corrected my two front teeth which we’re moving inwards. Danny was extremely patient with me, reassuring and informative. It’s taken me 10 years of being in this country to find the right dentist and I would not hesitate in recommending Danny’s expertise. Thank you Danny & Susie.
I couldn’t recommend Danny highly enough. The work he took out on my teeth was great- Fillings, Clear-aligners, fixed brace & teeth whitening. Never any pain or uncomfortable feeling. Danny and Susie are an absolute pleasure and always make you feel welcome and at