What are the advantages of soft tissue laser treatment?
Laser Dentistry at Danny de Villiers Dentist in Weybridge:
The laser is a revolutionary surgical tool that can be used for various procedures. The safety and control that lasers provide, allow Dr. Danny de Villiers to perform precise procedures without worrying about damaging the adjacent tissues in your mouth. Lasers also seal off blood vessels and nerve endings and prevent bleeding inside the mouth, greatly reducing postoperative pain and swelling.
- Pain free treatments
- Less discomfort
- Ideal for sensitive patients
- Almost bloodless procedures and faster recovery
- Improved post-operative inflammation
- Most procedure require little or no anaesthetics
- Negligible unpleasant pressure, noise and vibrations
- Little to no tissue recession due to controlled thermal damage
As procedures can be done without injections, using topical analgesia only, it is less invasive, more comfortable, (especially for children) and with quicker healing times.
Soft Tissue Procedures
- Frenectomy – Dentists perform this procedure to remove unwanted attachments that can cause speech impediments. It is performed in minutes and is the ultimate cure for patients who are “tongue-tied.”
- Gingivoplasty – We can gently shape the excess tissue that surrounds the front of your tooth so that the tooth proportions are even and the smile line is aesthetically pleasing.
- Herpetic Lesions (cold sores) – Lasers are often used to prevent cold sores before they have a chance to break out. When you feel a sore developing, talk to your dentist and prevent the problem before it occurs.
- Aphthous Ulcers (canker sores) – Laser treatment can also be used to cure canker sores. The problem is treated in seconds, often before it causes pain.
Laser Bacterial Reduction – this procedure is used with the scaling and polishing of teeth to reduce the harmful bacteria around your tooth.
Laser Curettage – this removes diseased tissue around your tooth to reduce periodontal pockets and assist in healing of the gums.
- Desensitize teeth
- Whiten teeth
- Treatment of Traumatic injuries like; Lip chew, Heat burn and Denture sores.
- Fibroma removal
Dr. Danny de Villiers is certified by the Word Clinical Laser Institute (WCLI) and uses one of the latest Diode Soft Tissue Lasers.
Please contact us on 01932 989785 to find out more information about this affordable treatment.
Drill Less Dentistry:
Aquacut Quattro is an ideal tool for minimally invasive and cosmetic dentistry.
At Danny de Villiers Dentist we preserve healthy tooth structure during Air Abrasion treatment.
It is a more conservative treatment than using the drill! It only removes desired material and suffers no chipping or stress fracturing, greatly improving patient comfort.
No uncomfortable contact with tooth or disturbing drill noises.
Aqua Abrasion produces no vibration, heat generation, turbine noise or unpleasant smell, increasing patient comfort and calming dental phobia. It is the ideal treatment for young children with small cavities.
Unlike conventional rotary cutting instruments, the Aquacut is not in direct contact with the tooth structure. Local anesthesia is seldom needed and making the treatment ideal for treating young, nervous or needle-phobic patients.
Came to the clinic for a consultation for a frenectomy. Within half an hour I was seen, operated on and out the door. Excellent service, excellent price and I’m one happy customer.
Thank you Danny and Susie. Good luck for the future.
I’m not a great fan of the ‘dentists chair’ having had some bad experiences in the past but I have to say that Danny is in a different league to those I have previously used, including current practices in Weybridge. Great care is taken to make sure you understand what is happening and to reduce any discomfort. I have just completed a broad spectrum of treatments, the last one being Laser Assisted Periodontal Treatment. The laser treatment made a huge difference to the condition of my gums and I would recommend it very highly